Sectional Sites
03/09/2019 5:22:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but MSHSAA had the sectional sites up for a short time yesterday and then took them down. I'm presuming that they didn't mean to put them up. I don't know if that means they aren't finalized, but I when I went back to look at them and they were gone, I realized I still had the tab on my browser open with the sites and took a screenshot. Here is, but since MSHSAA took it back down, perhaps there were mistakes or changes. [url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRplxP3G3h0wBmkVQbQPPtyqNvBtuICm/view?usp=sharing]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRplxP3G3h0wBmkVQbQPPtyqNvBtuICm/view?usp=sharing[/url]
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but MSHSAA had the sectional sites up for a short time yesterday and then took them down. I'm presuming that they didn't mean to put them up. I don't know if that means they aren't finalized, but I when I went back to look at them and they were gone, I realized I still had the tab on my browser open with the sites and took a screenshot. Here is, but since MSHSAA took it back down, perhaps there were mistakes or changes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRplxP3G3h0wBmkVQbQPPtyqNvBtuICm/view?usp=sharing
03/09/2019 5:53:43 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
There were some problems.
There were some problems.
03/11/2019 11:10:18 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any idea on when the sectional sites will be official
Any idea on when the sectional sites will be official
03/16/2019 12:17:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[url=https://www.mshsaa.org/resources/pdf/19SectionalSites.pdf]https://www.mshsaa.org/resources/pdf/19SectionalSites.pdf[/url]
03/18/2019 11:37:15 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We have a sectional 5 miles from us but are having to travel to West Plains for sectionals 3.5 hours away. We now have hotel room costs, van rental costs...not really sure what the state was doing.
We have a sectional 5 miles from us but are having to travel to West Plains for sectionals 3.5 hours away. We now have hotel room costs, van rental costs...not really sure what the state was doing.
03/18/2019 1:14:48 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Desotodragon Same. Idk what we are going to do. Do we get hotels for the early events, but then again it's Sectionals so I can't garuntee who will make it. Frustrating.
@Desotodragon

Same.

Idk what we are going to do.

Do we get hotels for the early events, but then again it's Sectionals so I can't garuntee who will make it.

Frustrating.
03/18/2019 1:19:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mutiger31 We just booked 6 rooms...and I guess we will see how it goes.
@mutiger31
We just booked 6 rooms...and I guess we will see how it goes.
03/21/2019 9:11:09 AM
User
@Desotodragon What the heck was MSHSAA thinking on choosing sectional sites. Festus and DeSoto are just a few very short miles from Hillsboro (who hosts a Sectional). Yet they both have to travel to West Plains. There is no good way to get from DeSoto to West Plains. Just some fun facts: Distance from DeSoto to Hillsboro-- 8 miles Distance from DeSoto to West Plains--168 miles but a 3+ hour drive. Same goes for Park Hills Central, North County, Farmington, Festus, Perryville. All 3 + hour drives, no good way to get from any of them to West Plains. You think it is better from the other end. Nope. Distance from MacDonald County High to West Plains--190 miles and about 3 hours. Distance from Carl Junction High to West Plains--176 miles and close to 3 hours. These drive times are by car, not bus. Horrible roads. Have to get hotel rooms or get up really, really early. Some other fun facts of places that could hosts the sectional meets. Driving times from Festus. Comparing distances to other random points in other states Festus to West Plains---3 hours and 5 min by car (likely more by bus) Festus to Blytheville, ARK-- 2 hours 56 minutes Festus to Springfield, IL--2 hours Festus to Paducah, KY--2 hour, 45 minutes Festus to Dyersburg, TN--2 hour, 45 minutes All better roads also. I better stop or someone from MSHSAA will come up with the idea of hosting Missouri State Track sectionals in other states. LOL. Even though it would make more sense than what they have done. I write this as someone that has no horse in the race. I am not from Festus nor DeSoto. I had two state qualifying athletes that both graduated in the past few years and would have been affected by this if they were still in high school. Thank goodness, we are not involved any more or this would have adversely affected us. What a joke!!! Good thing MSHSAA is always looking out for what is best for the athletes.
@Desotodragon

What the heck was MSHSAA thinking on choosing sectional sites. Festus and DeSoto are just a few very short miles from Hillsboro (who hosts a Sectional). Yet they both have to travel to West Plains. There is no good way to get from DeSoto to West Plains. Just some fun facts:
Distance from DeSoto to Hillsboro-- 8 miles
Distance from DeSoto to West Plains--168 miles but a 3+ hour drive.

Same goes for Park Hills Central, North County, Farmington, Festus, Perryville. All 3 + hour drives, no good way to get from any of them to West Plains. You think it is better from the other end. Nope.
Distance from MacDonald County High to West Plains--190 miles and about 3 hours.
Distance from Carl Junction High to West Plains--176 miles and close to 3 hours.
These drive times are by car, not bus. Horrible roads. Have to get hotel rooms or get up really, really early.

Some other fun facts of places that could hosts the sectional meets. Driving times from Festus. Comparing distances to other random points in other states
Festus to West Plains---3 hours and 5 min by car (likely more by bus)
Festus to Blytheville, ARK-- 2 hours 56 minutes
Festus to Springfield, IL--2 hours
Festus to Paducah, KY--2 hour, 45 minutes
Festus to Dyersburg, TN--2 hour, 45 minutes

All better roads also. I better stop or someone from MSHSAA will come up with the idea of hosting Missouri State Track sectionals in other states. LOL. Even though it would make more sense than what they have done.

I write this as someone that has no horse in the race. I am not from Festus nor DeSoto. I had two state qualifying athletes that both graduated in the past few years and would have been affected by this if they were still in high school. Thank goodness, we are not involved any more or this would have adversely affected us. What a joke!!! Good thing MSHSAA is always looking out for what is best for the athletes.
03/21/2019 9:26:27 AM
User
@oldbaldguy85 Oh and before someone gets on here and says, "Well, it's not that easy, can you come up with a better solution?" Uh, yes, everyone sees the obvious better solution. In Class 4, switch districts 2 and 4. Hillsboro would host Sectional 1 and Camdenton would host Sectional 2. I thought when they took the sectionals down the first time, that someone at MSHSAA realized, "oh we screwed this up. Camdenton is going to Hillsboro for a sectional, yet they are hosting a sectional. Just flip 2 and 4 and it will be all right." Boy was I wrong. They didn't really fix anything. Just made it worse. Geez, just make common sense decisions. It is not that tough to fix. Again, though, it is ALL about the athletes. Class 5 sectional 1 is almost as silly. Poplar Bluff to Waynesville is 3+ hour bus ride for Sectionals. Makes sense.
@oldbaldguy85

Oh and before someone gets on here and says, "Well, it's not that easy, can you come up with a better solution?" Uh, yes, everyone sees the obvious better solution. In Class 4, switch districts 2 and 4. Hillsboro would host Sectional 1 and Camdenton would host Sectional 2. I thought when they took the sectionals down the first time, that someone at MSHSAA realized, "oh we screwed this up. Camdenton is going to Hillsboro for a sectional, yet they are hosting a sectional. Just flip 2 and 4 and it will be all right." Boy was I wrong. They didn't really fix anything. Just made it worse. Geez, just make common sense decisions. It is not that tough to fix. Again, though, it is ALL about the athletes.

Class 5 sectional 1 is almost as silly. Poplar Bluff to Waynesville is 3+ hour bus ride for Sectionals. Makes sense.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.