Watch FULL Episode 1 of ON THE RISE: Allie Ostrander! Check Out Trailer for Sneak Peak!
Track and Field is great sport on any level, but it is especially fun on the high school level. Although the season can drag on for months (up to 8 months if you include club season), the rewards can be very gratifying. Yes, it's still cross country fever in many parts of the Land of Lincoln with Nike Cross Nationals and Footlocker Cross Country implications still to come... nothing should prevent us from talking a little prep track and field. Believe it or not but the first open track meets start in less than two weeks. The University of Chicago will be hosting their annual Ted Hayden Classic on December 20. There is talk of an area high school track and field club going to Toronto, Canada for a meet in early December. Texas A&M University and the University of Arkansas has drawn a strong following from Illinois to its high school invitationals in early January. Before you know it, the season will be in full flight.
Top 500 boys 5K times from the Foot Locker Midwest Region states as of November 20th.
Top 500 girls 5K times from the Foot Locker Midwest Region states as of November 20th.
Top 21 best sophomore boys performers from the month of November in the nation.
The top 21 sophomore girls XC performers in the nation from the last 4 weeks!
Throughout the 2014 cross country season, as weekly national rankings were published and dominated by east and west coast teams, those of us in Illinois knew the team depth in the Prairie state was being grossly overlooked...
Watch the trailer of On The Rise: Allie Ostrander, part of a new MileSplit original video series.
A list of the top 100 national returnees for the 2014-2015 indoor season in the field events.
Collegiate action of former Illinois runners spanning Nov. 9-15, 2014.... NCAA regional action
NXN Midwest & Northwest, Ostrander races for first time since early October, suprise Michiganders go big!
Indiana has always shown love to its guests when it comes to sports. Cross Country over the years has been a big beneficiary in that department. It started with the AAU, TAC, and USATF post-season regional and national meets for the tots, leading all the way up to the NCAA national championships and the professional ranks. Nike Cross Nationals got in on the action in 2007 and has never looked back.
Photo galleries by Colin Boyle from all of the races at the 2014 Nike Cross Nationals Midwest Regional
Watch the championship girls race video from the 2014 NXN Midwest Regional.
Sarah Kettel (17:28) & Jesse Reiser (15:01) individual champs. Carmel girls & Sandburg boys take team titles!
The record breaking field of entrees (over 1700) is expected to be the deepest and best in meet history. It was just last weekend that Illinois produced an all-time great state meet and residuals of that affair trickle down in Terre Haute. With that being said there will be two automatic team and five individual coveted spots to Portland, Oregon to be obtained.
As the state cross country 3A boys race was about to begin, I stood on the course waiting for our runner junior Jack Sebok to make a run out. I paused and looked around to soak up the environment....
Get the lowdown on the standout underclassmen across the nation
-Often times we get caught up in the action and the teams at the state championship. Milesplit Illinois has decided to recognize the Top 25 Boys of 3A through the lense of a camera. Our hard working and talented photographers Colin Boyle, Ilona Koziel, and Mark Capapas present to you a collage of the action from their perspective.
- National Throws Conference - Dublin, Ohio: Dec 27-29 (For Coaches, Athletes, Officials, and Fans)
- Article Comment: Class 2A Girls State Cross Country Championship
- Article Comment: Class 3A Boys State Championship Cross Country Preview
- Article Comment: IL Sectionals Weekend: Around The Globe Recap (Boys)
- 2A Kaneland Sectional 2014
- Article Comment: Featured Sectional Preview: Niles West Showdown 2014
- Article Comment: Orland Park Sandburg Boys Heads Final Power Rankings
- Article Comment: Milesplit IL Week In Review: Regionals Remix
- Article Comment: 3A Regional Virtual Meets
- Asbury University
- Foot Locker Midwest Regional
- NCAA DII Cross Country Championships
- Nike Cross Nationals
- Foot Locker Nationals
- USATF National Junior Olympics XC Championships
- USA Cross Country Championships
- Simplot Games
- UK High School Invitational
- USATF Indoor Track & Field Championships
- Big East Conference Championships
- Matt Contreras to Embry Riddle University
- Lesly Rocha to Illinois State University
- Amanda Mcclain to Illinois State University
- Julia Junkroski to University of South Dakota
- Brittny Ellis to University of Miami
- Rachel Augus to Illinois State University
- Derek Wegman to Illinois State University
- Tessa Holland to Illinois State University
- Jorji Sparrgrove to Illinois State University
- Luke Hoffert to Bradley University