The field events will be interesting this season and perhaps historic with Cahokia superstar Ja'mari Ward leading the way in the jumps. He will be like a rock star in a sport dominated by sprint men and great distance runners.
Eureka is definitely a team to watch for outdoors but what about during the undercover season? There are teams like Chicago (Leo), Tuscola, Paxton-Buckley-Loda, and Shelbyville who run a competitive indoor season and put a premium on their performances. We all know that the outdoor season is much more important with higher stakes on the line, but why not see where you sit with the outdoor season still several months way?
The 2A division was shown an infusion of talent at the start of 2014-15 school season led by the junior from Peoria (Notre Dame) in Maryjeanne Gilbert. Gilbert produced one of the most memorable cross country seasons this past fall by any Illinois school girl. Now she and a few other ladies hope to continue the surge through the upcoming track and field campaign.
More all-stars continue to rise as we hit the middle of the season
Last season was an emotional one...
New US #1s from dash and hurdles to pole vault and relays.
The University of Illinois Men's team is ranked #2 in the D1 dual meet ratings on the strength of home grown talent
Classification movement will continue to put the sprints and hurdles on an unbalanced plane. Still, it should not keep up and coming athletes from emerging and becoming the next big thing.
Over the coming weeks leading up to the start of the track season we will take a look at the top individuals and teams. We start off with our 1A boys projected team scores where it looks to be good Shelbyville squad looking to dominate. Tuscola and Eureka are quality pics too. See where last year's champ Aurora Christian is positioned.
Over the coming weeks leading up to the start of the track season we will take a look at the top individuals and teams. We start off with our 1A girls projected team scores where it looks to be a tight battle between Illini West, Seneca, and Sullivan. Illini West has a well balanced team despite losing a few quality pieces to graduation. See inside this exclusive who are the teams to beat!
Those are just a few of the highlights from last week including some new US #1s across the board
It is true that some familiar and very talented young ladies who have elevated the field events in 2A to prominent status have graduated. But at the same time there are a few top draws to look out for. The long jump, triple jump, and pole vault appear to be the top events on the docket.
The distance side of things in Class A is going to be wonderful this season. At least it plans to be for emerging superstar Jon Davis...
Class A is a little different than say 3A to restock talent and/or relay legs. Let's take a look at each event and what may become law in 2015.
The landscape of Class A sprinting is going to be even more different than last year due to heavy graduation- especially in the 400m. All five sprint events experienced a major power outage. It will be interesting to see who will step up as the long season unfolds.
The Class A Boys field events will be going through some changes with transfers, graduations, and movements
I have been naturally blessed with an intelligent mind; when I was younger, my parents were quick to take notice of this, but often remarked that my intelligence was "a double-edged sword."
The state of distance affairs will be interesting because a ton of mainstay athletes have graduated. However, the league will not be void of talent as it always seems someone will step up and produce some great efforts...
The leaderboard gets rattled again as more stars show their strengths in more than one event
- Lincoln-Way East recruiting again???
- Indiana Track Club HS Open
- Article Comment: 2015 Class A Girls Pre-Season Relays Preview
- Article Comment: Tony’s Take: The Club Season Reaches Its Peak This Weekend
- Article Comment: 2015 Class A Girls Pre-Season Field Events Preview
- David Brady Invitational 2013
- Article Comment: Stephanie Saey: Addiction… Series Introduction
- National Throws Conference - Dublin, Ohio: Dec 27-29 (For Coaches, Athletes, Officials, and Fans)
- Article Comment: Class 2A Girls State Cross Country Championship
- Article Comment: Class 3A Boys State Championship Cross Country Preview
- Titan Open
- Proviso West Boys Meet #1
- Southern Illinois Invitational
- Henderson County Pole Vault
- Big River Running High School indoor Series Qualifying Meet 3
- Morton Boys Quintangular
- Proviso West Boys Meet #2
- Fighting Scot Indoor Invitational
- Monmouth Indoor Invitational
- Proviso West Valentine Relays
- Ryan Wieties to United States Military Academy
- Gabe Ceballos to University of St Francis
- Abigail Nadler to Middlebury College
- Jayden Shelton to McKendree University
- Andrew Gardewine to McKendree University
- Quincy Mcsweeney to McKendree University
- Shandall Thomas to Illinois State University
- Brett Charlton to Illinois State University
- Matt Contreras to Embry Riddle University
- Brittny Ellis to University of Miami