Repainting track for new exchange zones
02/16/2020 1:48:12 PM
Coach
What paint does anyone use to remark the new 30M exchange zones? I need Gold and Black. Secondly, how does one cover the old 20M entry triangles of Gold and Black? Is there a temperature gradient restriction about when to apply the paint?
What paint does anyone use to remark the new 30M exchange zones? I need Gold and Black. Secondly, how does one cover the old 20M entry triangles of Gold and Black? Is there a temperature gradient restriction about when to apply the paint?
02/17/2020 11:55:14 AM
User
I was told last year that you need a water based paint. We had some triangles that needed repainting, so we used field paint which is water based. Information was from Fischer Tracks. Don't know about temperature
I was told last year that you need a water based paint. We had some triangles that needed repainting, so we used field paint which is water based. Information was from Fischer Tracks. Don't know about temperature
02/17/2020 7:43:43 PM
Coach
@11845758 THANKS! Very Helpful.
@11845758 THANKS! Very Helpful.
02/19/2020 4:08:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@11639072 Fischer, the company who surfaced our track, told us to hold off on doing anything. They feel that this decision may be reversed next year. Just what we were told.
@11639072
Fischer, the company who surfaced our track, told us to hold off on doing anything. They feel that this decision may be reversed next year. Just what we were told.
02/24/2020 10:23:38 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@chester1976 I sure hope that's not the case. We just got a new track surface this year and the company that did the painting told me that every new track he has painted for the last year (including ours) has been painted with a 30 meter exchange zone and no acceleration arrows.
@chester1976

I sure hope that's not the case. We just got a new track surface this year and the company that did the painting told me that every new track he has painted for the last year (including ours) has been painted with a 30 meter exchange zone and no acceleration arrows.
02/24/2020 1:41:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jstone What is this about. I haven't watched the rules meeting yet. So everyone is supposed to repaint their track? I don't think that is going to happen. I guess I'll watch it now.
@jstone

What is this about. I haven't watched the rules meeting yet.

So everyone is supposed to repaint their track?

I don't think that is going to happen.

I guess I'll watch it now.
02/24/2020 2:06:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mutiger31 You don't have to repaint, just note the exchange now goes from the acceleration triangle (smaller triangle) to last triangle (big triangle), instead of "big triangle" to "big triangle". Hope that makes sense :)
@mutiger31

You don't have to repaint, just note the exchange now goes from the acceleration triangle (smaller triangle) to last triangle (big triangle), instead of "big triangle" to "big triangle". Hope that makes sense :)
02/24/2020 5:41:32 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift I watched it now, it does, but how will the exchange judges be able to tell with a small triangle now that doesn't expand the lane? Also, do the kids have to stand inside the zone now with no acceleration like in the 4 x 400, or does it just matter that the baton is exchanged in the actual zone.
@CoachSwift

I watched it now, it does, but how will the exchange judges be able to tell with a small triangle now that doesn't expand the lane?

Also, do the kids have to stand inside the zone now with no acceleration like in the 4 x 400, or does it just matter that the baton is exchanged in the actual zone.
02/25/2020 11:05:39 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mutiger31 Athletes can start anywhere between the triangles and exchange the baton anywhere inside the 30 meter exchange zone. They can't start behind the "small" triangle and obviously the exchange must happen before the last "big" triangle. This rule actually makes judging these exchanges much easier. However, some coaches may have to change how their athletes "step-off" their marks as the first "big" triangle will no longer be painted on newer tracks (hence you won't be able to consistently measure from that triangle).
@mutiger31

Athletes can start anywhere between the triangles and exchange the baton anywhere inside the 30 meter exchange zone. They can't start behind the "small" triangle and obviously the exchange must happen before the last "big" triangle. This rule actually makes judging these exchanges much easier. However, some coaches may have to change how their athletes "step-off" their marks as the first "big" triangle will no longer be painted on newer tracks (hence you won't be able to consistently measure from that triangle).
02/26/2020 10:35:51 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift Makes sense. Thanks.
@CoachSwift

Makes sense.

Thanks.
03/06/2020 2:14:43 PM
Coach
@CoachSwift I don't recall it saying you had to start within the 30m exchange zone-- just wanting to clarify where you got that? I asked another coach about that same thing the other day and they didn't seem to think it would matter if you started before the small triangle. THanks for your help in clearing this up for me- as I thought the kids could start outside the zone.
@CoachSwift
I don't recall it saying you had to start within the 30m exchange zone-- just wanting to clarify where you got that? I asked another coach about that same thing the other day and they didn't seem to think it would matter if you started before the small triangle. THanks for your help in clearing this up for me- as I thought the kids could start outside the zone.
03/06/2020 2:52:49 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Yes, you do have to have start within and exchange the baton within the 30 meter zone. Its on Pg 76 of the new NFHS rules book.
Yes, you do have to have start within and exchange the baton within the 30 meter zone. Its on Pg 76 of the new NFHS rules book.
03/06/2020 3:11:54 PM
Coach
@CoachSwift Thanks for the clarification!
@CoachSwift
Thanks for the clarification!
03/13/2020 10:25:57 PM
Coach
We've been using rustoleum spray to create the triangle outline from a template, and then rolling the inside with rustoleum. The oil-based paint works better from an absorption angle on our surface than a latex. Latex will work, but it might not last quite as long. Am tempted, if time, to also go over the old end of zone triangles, too!
We've been using rustoleum spray to create the triangle outline from a template, and then rolling the inside with rustoleum. The oil-based paint works better from an absorption angle on our surface than a latex. Latex will work, but it might not last quite as long. Am tempted, if time, to also go over the old end of zone triangles, too!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.