"Pre-State" Cross Country Meet
02/01/2019 9:53:12 AM
Coach
The 2019 "Pre-State" Meet will be on September 28, 2019 at the new Gans Creek Course in Columbia MO. The meet will be officially called the "Gans Creek Classic". Specific information will come out today via email as pushed forward by MSHSAA. Included in the email will be a google form "soft commitment" as we begin the process of finalizing certain aspects of the meet. There will be 2 male varsity races / 2 female varsity races / and 1 junior varsity race for males /1 jv race for females. Divisions will be determined by either school size, competitive level, and/or preference. The soft commitment will help us determine if we want to go towards the Forest Park model, or the pre-state model in the past. All races will be 5000 meters. The hope is to offer an event that parallels the state meet as much as possible, as well as an extremely competitive meet in the process.
The 2019 "Pre-State" Meet will be on September 28, 2019 at the new Gans Creek Course in Columbia MO. The meet will be officially called the "Gans Creek Classic". Specific information will come out today via email as pushed forward by MSHSAA. Included in the email will be a google form "soft commitment" as we begin the process of finalizing certain aspects of the meet. There will be 2 male varsity races / 2 female varsity races / and 1 junior varsity race for males /1 jv race for females. Divisions will be determined by either school size, competitive level, and/or preference. The soft commitment will help us determine if we want to go towards the Forest Park model, or the pre-state model in the past. All races will be 5000 meters. The hope is to offer an event that parallels the state meet as much as possible, as well as an extremely competitive meet in the process.
02/04/2019 12:05:15 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Did the email with information get sent out? I've yet to receive an email and want to make sure that we are part of the "soft commitment."
Did the email with information get sent out? I've yet to receive an email and want to make sure that we are part of the "soft commitment."
02/04/2019 12:53:11 PM
Coach
@runlikeabearcat To my knowledge it has not..I was told MSHSAA had a meeting Friday afternoon and may not have had an opportunity to send these out. I will confirm once I receive one as well to make sure all those interested have received the email.
@runlikeabearcat

To my knowledge it has not..I was told MSHSAA had a meeting Friday afternoon and may not have had an opportunity to send these out. I will confirm once I receive one as well to make sure all those interested have received the email.
02/04/2019 7:41:26 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks @cccoach1 I just received an email from MSHSAA with the information.
Thanks @cccoach1 I just received an email from MSHSAA with the information.
02/04/2019 8:09:05 PM
Coach
Emails came out this evening with information related to updates on the course, preliminary meet information, and soft commitment forms for respective schools and programs.
Emails came out this evening with information related to updates on the course, preliminary meet information, and soft commitment forms for respective schools and programs.
02/05/2019 2:45:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
This was the date I set for the First Annual North Callaway Invitational. I will be looking for a new date for our meet. Not a big deal...but if you planned on coming to our place on the 28th, I won't be there.
This was the date I set for the First Annual North Callaway Invitational. I will be looking for a new date for our meet. Not a big deal...but if you planned on coming to our place on the 28th, I won't be there.
02/05/2019 4:11:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Yeah, this is the date of our 20th Annual Event. We're moving to 10/5/19 at East Newton.
Yeah, this is the date of our 20th Annual Event. We're moving to 10/5/19 at East Newton.
02/05/2019 5:23:44 PM
User
@cccoach1 Please let me know the new date. Thanks.
@cccoach1
Please let me know the new date. Thanks.
02/05/2019 6:40:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
This is also the date for our 13th annual Hermitage Invite. At this time we will not be changing dates for our event. If you feel the "Pre-State" meet is not right for your school, then you are more than welcome at our event.
This is also the date for our 13th annual Hermitage Invite. At this time we will not be changing dates for our event. If you feel the "Pre-State" meet is not right for your school, then you are more than welcome at our event.
02/06/2019 2:57:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Right now I am 99.9% sure our meet will be moved to 10/05 This will be both High school and a Junior High Meet
Right now I am 99.9% sure our meet will be moved to 10/05 This will be both High school and a Junior High Meet

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.