New State Course Plan
11/19/2018 10:48:59 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have seen post about questions on the new course. I have friend who has been on this project since day 1. He just sent me the latest plans he has. I do not know if other people have seen these or not, but I thought I would share them. [url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOVcdCH-dLWRjVZNEFvM3NFRHBNUVhjVllsUVZpV1lGVHln/view?usp=sharing]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOVcdCH-dLWRjVZNEFvM3NFRHBNUVhjVllsUVZpV1lGVHln/view?usp=sharing[/url]
I have seen post about questions on the new course.

I have friend who has been on this project since day 1.

He just sent me the latest plans he has. I do not know if other people have seen these or not, but I thought I would share them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOVcdCH-dLWRjVZNEFvM3NFRHBNUVhjVllsUVZpV1lGVHln/view?usp=sharing
11/19/2018 2:18:46 PM
Coach
Thanks for posting! Do they run down the start line on a second loop?
Thanks for posting!
Do they run down the start line on a second loop?
11/19/2018 3:26:54 PM
Coach
@TigersCC Yes. The short loop is 2k and the long loop is 3k. So a HS 5k would be 1 short loop + 1 long loop.
@TigersCC

Yes.

The short loop is 2k and the long loop is 3k.

So a HS 5k would be 1 short loop + 1 long loop.
11/20/2018 11:35:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I did a rough elevation mapping of the the course. It looks like the lowest elevation is around 770 feet and the highest elevation is around 810 feet. Looks like it will be a rolling course.
I did a rough elevation mapping of the the course. It looks like the lowest elevation is around 770 feet and the highest elevation is around 810 feet. Looks like it will be a rolling course.
11/20/2018 11:59:42 AM
Coach
it is what it is so no sense in fighting it...but??? As Coach Figas asked before? Will there be issues at the starting line area while they complete loop 1 and go back through the starting line mixing with competitors for the next race? Is the short loop the first loop? Where is tent city going to be located in relation to the starting line? Here is one of my major concerns....if there is bad/wet weather...looking at five classes...every race will have gone over the starting area and the finishing stretch twice....so before the start of the final race the starting area and the finishing stretch will have been run across 18 times...
it is what it is so no sense in fighting it...but???

As Coach Figas asked before? Will there be issues at the starting line area while they complete loop 1 and go back through the starting line mixing with competitors for the next race?

Is the short loop the first loop?

Where is tent city going to be located in relation to the starting line?

Here is one of my major concerns....if there is bad/wet weather...looking at five classes...every race will have gone over the starting area and the finishing stretch twice....so before the start of the final race the starting area and the finishing stretch will have been run across 18 times...
11/20/2018 1:32:14 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@MJO21 Tent city is on the soccer field just north of the starting line as marked on the map Coach Craghead posted. The 5K course does need to run the short loop 1st and that was brought up at the Advisory Committee meeting. Only way it makes sense to cause less congestion for the next race. I have no answer for your last concern. Having seen the course after the AC meeting - no grass was up yet, but straw was down - I could not even make a guess.
@MJO21
Tent city is on the soccer field just north of the starting line as marked on the map Coach Craghead posted.
The 5K course does need to run the short loop 1st and that was brought up at the Advisory Committee meeting. Only way it makes sense to cause less congestion for the next race.
I have no answer for your last concern. Having seen the course after the AC meeting - no grass was up yet, but straw was down - I could not even make a guess.
11/20/2018 2:48:14 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Looks like what it lacks in hills it will make for in turns. The only straight shots in the entire course are the start and the finish. That will slow the times down a bit.
Looks like what it lacks in hills it will make for in turns. The only straight shots in the entire course are the start and the finish. That will slow the times down a bit.
11/20/2018 3:12:34 PM
Coach
@Hays thank you, I was on my phone and the words were a bit tough for me to make out...
@Hays

thank you, I was on my phone and the words were a bit tough for me to make out...
11/22/2018 12:48:05 PM
User
Just a thought here, but since they have room for 40, 6 foot boxes at the start they could leave the 8 left most (as looking down the course from the start line) open and then put some fencing up and that would alleviate the start line is part of the course concern. In this scenario the course would parallel the start, but with the fencing could keep the start area and the course separate
Just a thought here, but since they have room for 40, 6 foot boxes at the start they could leave the 8 left most (as looking down the course from the start line) open and then put some fencing up and that would alleviate the start line is part of the course concern. In this scenario the course would parallel the start, but with the fencing could keep the start area and the course separate

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.