It is going to be a great day in the city of Chicago for indoor track and field
1. Asia Thomas (Sr., Kenwood)- On any given day she can be the top trackster in the state. Thomas will compete in the 60, 200, and 400-meter races where she is the heavy favorite. In fact, don't be surprised if Thomas comes away with state-leading marks in all three. Previously, she was at the top of the food chain here. There is enough competition to provide her with the tools drop sub 7.45, 24.20, and 56 seconds respectively.
2. Sidney Morris (Sr., Kenwood)- Morris is almost the equivalent to his female counterpart Asia Thomas in terms of impact on the overall landscape of the meet. He is the favorite in the 200 and 400. Also, look for him on the 4x400 relay for the Broncos.
3. Nikki Chopra (Sr., Whitney Young)- Arguably the top distance runner during the undercover season appears ready to unleash her best before moving on to the outdoor season.
4. Will Kozlowski (Jr., Lane Tech)- Distance running is always a strong suit during the championship season and Koz has led the league in the 1600 and 3200 with notable marks that are sure to gain attention. His 4:19.50 is top five in the state at the moment and he will be on the 4x800 relay. With Koz, Lane is a major threat for 10 points in the relay. Who knows, you might find Koz on the 4x400 if needed.
5. Max Warner (Fr., Whitney Young)- Yes he is a freshman but he competes like a seasoned veteran. Warner is the state leader in his class and is the favorite to sweep the long and triple jumps. Look for 21 feet plus and 45 feet in his wheelhouse.