Editor's note: In addition to the 3200, 100m, 100H (girls), 110H, 400, the following events would be offered- Shot Put, Pole Vault, Long Jump, High Jump, 2000m Steeplechase, Co-Ed 4x400m; remember, the original date is subject to change.
Illinois Meet of Champions was established to create a venue for the fastest in
the state to compete across all divisions in one race during the postseason.
- It is hoped that creating such a meet will allow athletes to run their fastest times of the season while in peak shape post the state series
-The concept was brought to the IL meet organizers by Tom Brumlik of District Track Club in the DC area where they run the high school "DMV Meet" post the regular season
- Tom grew up in IL and wanted to create a quality meet in downtown Chicago for IL athletes
- Chicago Speed Track Club teamed up with Tom and lead sponsor, Under Amour, to bring to life the IL Meet of Champions
- Meet director, Dan Daly, secured dates at a brand new track with an iconic location in proximity to downtown Chicago and the IL Meet of Champions was born
- While it does require traveling to Chicago, the athlete experience at Under Armour's flagship location on Michigan Ave, the bib and gear pick-up party and the venue will hopefully attract many athletes
- It is our hope that this will become an iconic meet in Chicago and bring the state's best together, across all events and divisions, to crown the "Champion of IL!"