The nation's top high school high jumper came through when she needed to
It's been a long time since Illinois has had a dominant female athlete on the national scene like Jelena Rowe. The once promising volleyball player switched to track and field for good entering her junior year. It may turn out to be the best choice for Rowe long term. Ms. Rowe billed as "Jelena 6.0" because of her infinity to clear the 6-foot height in the high jump on a consistent basis. Rowe achieved the watershed mark eight times indoors and outside competitions combined.
- US#1 indoor performer with 6-1 clearance at the Illinois Top Times Meet
- US#1 outdoor performer with 6-1 effort at the Sue Pariseau Invitational
- Suffered only loss in 2017 by placing 2nd at the New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Won the USATF Junior Nationals Outdoor title
- Set long standing Illinois Top Times indoor record with 6-1 clearance
- Won Illinois 3A state title w/6-0 breaking the state meet record